2. What does your business/product do? What are your primary services? Secondary services?
Think elevator pitch – if you had just 30 seconds to explain your product to a customer, what would you say?
3. What problem do you solve for your customers? What is your company philosophy or mission statement?
What is the purpose of your existence (other than to make money)?
6. Is there a unique story behind your business or business name or logo?
People connect through stories. Storytelling is an effective way to create and sell a brand image.
7. Share 5 adjectives or descriptive keywords or phrases that best summarize your company.
The words chosen convey a lot of meaning regarding how you see yourself, or how you want to see yourself – think personality traits. (i.e. bold, modern, joyous, masculine, etc.)
8. Describe your ideal customer/prospect? What does their profile look like? What makes your target market unique?
Think about the values of your customer. What do they value in a purchasing decision? (Quality vs. Service vs. Price)
10. What is the primary message you want to convey to your customers? How do you want them to feel each time they interact with your business?
What are the unique advantages of your business/service/product to them? Who are you in your customers’ minds? An industry leader? An innovator?
14. Do you have specific guidance/do’s/don’ts about the colors, fonts, and other elements of brand identity?
List any colors or font styles you’d like to explore or avoid. Please also list any specific icons, symbols and/or images that you’d like to associate with your brand.
16. Using 5 adjectives or short phrases, describe your brand’s desired look and feel.
Think about the primary message (or any attributes) you want your brand to convey.